Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 14, 2007

St. Isidore of Chios

We went to Orthros this morning, and Dn. Virgil brought our icon of St. Isidore of Chios which had been given to us by our koumbara (who is from Chios).

We were helping Paul at the chant stand: Dn. Virgil on his right side, and (to outward appearances) myself and John Daly on his left side. Dn. Virgil leaned over to Paul: "Don't you think this is a little unbalanced? Three people on one side and one person on the other side." This was a little unfair to Paul who hadn't quite woken up yet. I could see him look on each side, and wonder why he should be counted on one side or another, since he was in the chair. I leaned over: "Paul, I'm plural." He nodded; obviously, we have inculcated him to our weirdnesses. Then he looked at Dn. Virgil's grin and did a double-take at me and his jaw completely dropped.

When Dn. Virgil asked permission to tell Paul, I had thought he was going to tell about the icon, since we had arrived after Paul. Sneaky husband.

Dn. Athanasios came by and congratulated us, and reminded us that "Athanasios" makes a good name. :)

St. Isidore of Chios, and you, dear reader, please pray for us.

P.S. I also find that the baby falls under the "captive" category in the petitions.

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Congratulations !
Glory to God !
You will be in my prayers :-)