Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Well, now the word is out, somewhat. Although I had told one person a day for the first three days, I managed to resist after that. Until Sunday morning. I really wanted to tell, especially when I moved to be next to Dna. Vassi ... and then Georgia (and her six beautiful children) came on the other side. However, I figured it would be best to wait until after Liturgy.

As Fr. Nick Triantafilou was passing out the antidoron, someone reminded him that it was Mother's Day, so he stopped the post-Liturgical chanting to wish all the mothers a happy mother's day. So I turned to Dna. Vassi: "I have a secret." Her eyes got big, and I nodded, and then was engulfed in a hug.

I found Jenny outside, and told her that she had been right at the swap meet. She was confused, so I reminded her that when I was holding some baby things for Dna. Vassi, and she asked me was I pregnant, and I had said no ... I was wrong.

By then word had gotten around a bit, and I was being congratulated by Amelia, and Dna. Vassi came up looking worried: "Was I not supposed to tell?" I assured her that it's fine as long as the people getting the news are also requested to pray for us.

The whole Liturgy felt as though it came right after the first "Christ is Risen!" of the year.

No comments: