Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Greek Festival

We're in the middle of the Greek Festival here at Holy Trinity. I haven't been able to keep my mouth shut to certain people, so I have been receiving congratulations at various decibel levels, from the hand-on-the-shoulder whispered one, to the shrieking, jumping-up-and-down, and hugging one.

Several of the clergy couples have pointed out to me and Fr. Peter that, with the assistant priest usually staying only a few years here (it's currently something of a "training parish"), the birth of a "priest's kid" or PK is relatively rare. I hadn't thought about that, considering that I was in a building at seminary where people started asking what was in the water.

I've switched doctor's offices since last time, since (1) I made an appointment for everything, which turned out to be a $35 OTC pregnancy test, and (2) they waited until I asked them to tell me that what I had been told was a molar pregnancy last year was actually an "abnormal pregnancy," i.e., a miscarriage. So I got a recommendation from another parishioner, and after looking online, I realize that the new doctor's office has the highest ratinigs and best reviews of OB/GYNs in the area. When I mention the name to other women parishioners, they recognize the doctor's name and agree that that's a good office. I sure could use all the prayers I can get, though.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! How exciting! Be assured of my prayers, I'm going to write you down in my little notebook posthaste!