Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, September 30, 2011

God's Water

We're working with Teddy on asking permission. We practice most often on food and drink. He must ask and receive permission before eating something we have or drinking what we have.

Usually, he wants my water:
"Mommy, may I please have your water?"
"Yes, you may."
"Thank you!"
"You're welcome!"

But today he didn't see that I had poured the water. (I'd gone to nurse his sister in the nursery.) So Daddy overheard this:

"This is God's water.
"God, may I please have your water?
"Okay! Thank you!"

It's cute, right? But shouldn't that be my prayer for anything crossing my lips? It's all God's water. It's all God's everything. And thank God that Teddy shows me in between times of being maddening.

3 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Bless him ! He is very close to God indeed !

It puts me very much in mind of the Orthodx Jewish practice of reciting a blessing to God for absolutely everything that is eaten or drunk each day in a spirit of thankfulness.

magda said...

I had Mother Gavrilia in mind, when someone asked her why she bothered to bless the water before she drank from a water fountain. She was surprised and responded with something like, "I put it into my body. Of course I want God to bless it, and by blessing it, bless me!"

Michelle M. said...

He is such a sweet child. I love that little story about Mother Gavrilia. She said so many incredibly things during her life.