This afternoon (after Teddy skipped his noontime nap due to Liturgy and post-liturgical events - namely, the oratorical festival), his next nap followed the following step-wise pattern.
1. Unhappily search for mouth with right hand.
2. Insert thumb in mouth. Be soothed.
3. Continue grasping various things, in an upward motion, with the left hand.
4. Reach blanket above or around the head.
5. Enter "Must pull blanket phase" for the left arm. Pull blanket over (most of) face.
6. Start to panic, while still sucking on thumb.
7. Enter "Must pull blanket phase" for right arm. Take thumb out of mouth, become unhappy and tug on blanket until at least one eye can see around the edge of the blanket.
8. Release blanket with both arms. Relax and bring left arm down.
9. Start again from step 1.
This happened about ten times in a row, with decreasing intensity for the "panic" phase, leading, eventually, to a nap.