Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dreaming of Baby

As you may have surmised, not much to write about has been happening with Bunny. There are no new pictures, new tricks learned, no toes to goggle over (although they do pack quite a punch, it's really only for me).

However, I had an interesting experience doing a guided relaxation exercise with our Bradley Method teacher. She turned on some soothing music and had us close our eyes. She told us to imagine that we were floating on the ocean, drifting to a far shore. I don't remember more precisely what she said to direct our relaxation, but I vividly remember what I was visualizing.

I was trying to figure out whether or not I was pregnant, and ended up seeing the baby as a boy at different ages. We were floating with Peterbird on a blue cloak which the Theotokos was holding open for us. The far shore we came to was Mt. Athos, where we were greeted by Fr. Seraphim and Fr. Christodoulos, whose faces were shining with joy. Fr. Christodoulos greeted Bunny, and Bunny was going to stay there. I was a little sad to leave him, but very happy that Bunny could stay with Fr. Christodoulos in such a happy place.

Considering that the Bradley teacher is not Orthodox, and I hadn't been reading anything especially spiritual at the time, I thought it was especially interesting to have thought instinctively of all these things. I don't think I will rely on it as a True Vision or anything, but I know that I have a cloud of witnesses who love and care for me and my family even though I cannot see most of them.

2 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

What a beautiful vision! It transported me for a few moments there.

Orthodox Education said...

Hi Magda - thanks for getting in touch! I will try to keep up with your blog too...and I hope you are liking Florida!